PDF Version: AWA_Update_181208.PDF
The hearts of participants were challenged, nourished, and encouraged during the CHE Disciple Making Movement (DMM) training in Bondoukou, as the following testimonies indicate:
- I have been to many conferences in Bondoukou over the last 10 years, but this was the best by far. The message was simple. Now we must put it into practice.
- Two participants: Last night it was hard to sleep because my mind raced, thinking how to apply what I learned in the work the Lord has given me.
- I am touched to learn that we can have buildings, money, programs, and people attending, but miss the heart of what Jesus asked us to do: love God, love people, and make disciples (the Grand Commandment and the Great Commission).
- We have been looking for money to come from outside, instead of using what we have in hand.
- The Lord spoke to me about heavy baggage I have been carrying in ministry that I must let go.
- I learned we do not have to have big churches and lots of money to make disciples.
- What have we been doing all these years in church? We have been sleeping. We have been sleeping (Eph.5:14).
We give thanks to God that Jean-Marc Fritsch was able to come. The training met the people at their point of need. All received a 50 page manual that summarized the teaching. They will never forget his practical examples. One was that of a relay race in which the first runner’s baton was a heavy iron rod instead of a light stick. As a result, others to whom it was passed could not carry it. In the same way, with evangelism and discipleship, believers can hand off practices too heavy to carry on. Our process of training disciples must be simple and reproducible like that of Jesus and Paul. He shared of doing campaigns as an evangelist in villages with speakers and his guitar. Later, the Lord told him to stop using those props because villagers could not reproduce his efforts. The practices for Church Planting Movements (CPM), Community Health Evangelism (CHE), and Disciple Making Movements (DMM) that we model, teach and share cannot take hold if a process is complicated or costly. Praise God, we see that they gain traction here and now.
Prayer & Praise:
- Thank the Lord with us for the wonderful DMM training this week! The Holy Spirit was clearly at work during the sessions and speaking to the participants. Pray our follow-up will assist each person and church we’ve trained to faithfully carry out what they heard from the Lord.
- Corbin was contacted by a recruiter about a possible engineering job. Pray with us that he will find the right fit by the end of this year.
- People continue to contact us to plan Community Health Evangelism (CHE) trainings. Others need further mentoring to see their ministries bear more fruit.
- Thank you for all you have done in 2018!! Jesus has honored our partnership. Ask the Lord to provide sufficient income for us to continue the work here unhindered next year.
Your partners in the Gospel,
Verlin and Debbie
Verlin and Debbie
Christian Health Service Corps (CHSC) is a mission of dedicated medical professionals who participate in the CHE Global Network. Together, in a loose affiliation of individuals, churches, denominational and nondenominational agencies, we share God's Light and Truth through Community Health Evangelism (CHE). Verlin and Debbie accept donor partners to contribute as led to maintain support as we resume residential ministry to expand CHE ministries in Cote d'Ivoire under the auspices of CHSC & Ivorian partners. Tax deductible contributions by check are to be made payable to the CHSC with Andersons #0118 written on the memo line. Mail to CHSC - PO Box 132 - Fruitvale, TX 75127. Give online via the CHSC @ www.che4a.org (3% fee) or TDF (0% fee).
Prior: Deadline Lifelines 181201.PDF
Last Video:Stories of Transformation
- Wineskin Care PDF
2018 Q2 Report: Dwelling Place
- Anderson Report 181013 PDF
2018 Budget Info:
Something to ask? Write email@example.com
GIVE ONLINE to support these ministries: www.che4a.org