Anderson FLASH Update from Susan

This update can be retrieved in PDF format at the following link : Anderson FLASH Update 11_04_10 - Susan Report.pdf

(News of a missionary who left Abidjan March 8 -
     names have been changed to provide anonymity)

Dear friends,

Last week when pro-Ouattara forces started a massive sweep to oust Gbagbo and his forces from Cote d’Ivoire my heart wept. By God’s grace my colleague Tammy and many we know in the town of Bouafle are alive. Though traumatized by the invasion of pro-Ouattara forces, they’re coping. When the pro-Ouattara forces reached Abidjan, resulting in heavier battles and resulting deaths, I fell apart. I felt like I abandoned my “people”. After crying and praying Saturday morning I called four of my friends in Abidjan. I reached three. Where Ariel is staying a bullet came through the bathroom’s roof. She now hides under a table all day. Adeleine and her family cower together in a central room of their house. They had no water then. Now they and others are also without electricity, food, and fuel to cook with. Adeleine said she had just told her kids to have hope that God will see them through (as they hear heavy mortar and gunfire) because I am praying for them. And Josh reported that heavy artillery fired near them all through the night had them very scared. He, his wife, and his son are presently living in my studio apartment at our mission's house. I didn’t reach Felicia. The district she lives in was an early site for combat and looting. Most people in that area deserted their homes and have scattered.

PLEASE PRAY FOR MIRACLES IN COTE D'IVOIRE:
  1. THAT ALL HOSTILITIES WILL CEASE;
  2. THAT BASIC SUPPLIES WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR ALL;
  3. THAT PEOPLE WILL BE ABLE TO FORGIVE EACH OTHER (ONLY POSSIBLE THROUGH GOD);
  4. THAT GOD WILL PROTECT FELICIA AND HER FAMILY, WHEREVER THEY ARE;
  5. THAT RECONCILIATION, RESTITUTION, AND RECONSTRUCTION WILL TAKE PLACE."
I tried to reach "Ariel" by phone this last weekend, and was not able to get through. I will keep trying this week, and when I have more news from my friends in Abidjan, I'll send it on.

Blessings to you and all the family,
Susan

No comments: